Michael W. Ryan on Tue, 13 Jul 1999 15:47:25 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Here's an idea, In Re: Let's take the more ambitious path

On Tue, 13 Jul 1999 Vale_Kenny@vanguard.com wrote:

> Folks,
>      I'm guilty.  I've posted back and forth emails to the PLUG list in the
> past, and will refrain from doing so in the future.  Unless there is a direct
> benefit to the group integtral to the email, I will not.....
> 1) post replies to queries to the list
> 2) engage in on-list conversations
> 3) stray too far from topic (the occasional anecdote or comment
> notwithstanding).
>
> Anyone second this?

I think people are starting to go way overboard on this.  No, you should
post replies to questions to the list.  Nine times out of ten a question
asked by one person is something someone else would like to know about,
also.  If a conversation is of general interest to the group as a whole,
then it should stay on the list.

The only one of the above that you, all of us actually, need to do is just
keep it on topic.

Michael W. Ryan, MCP, MCT     | OTAKON 1999
mryan@netaxs.com              | Convention of Otaku Generation
http://www.netaxs.com/~mryan/ | http://www.otakon.com/

PGP fingerprint: 7B E5 75 7F 24 EE 19 35  A5 DF C3 45 27 B5 DB DF
PGP public key available by fingering mryan@unix.netaxs.com (use -l opt)