elek on Tue, 13 Jul 1999 21:07:56 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] RE: Software Bloat

On Tue, 13 Jul 1999 Gregory.Josephs@phila.gov wrote:

> It is precisely because users can ignore the new releases from Microsoft or
> Lotus or Corel that the software industry works overtime to add new features to
> software, features that will convince users to spend $300 on an upgrade to do
> the same computing as they're doing now, only with more bells and whistles and
> excitement. The day that Microsoft fails to convince you to upgrade--i.e., to
> buy a product that the malcontents call bloated--is the day that Redmond becomes
> a ghost town.

Just a tad off topic - but I couldn't resist...

Redmond is actually a beautiful place...with the exception of some huge
buildings on one of the major streets ;)

My boyfriend lived there up until a few years ago...and I love going there
to visit his family...

So - if M$ ever failed to convince people to upgrade...Redmond would
become a more beautiful city, in my own opinion...heh :)

-elek