Hugh Brock on Fri, 16 Jul 1999 09:07:16 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] ppp and ethernet with SuSE

Martin DiViaio wrote:

> I'm not sure how to do this but I think you need to set up seperate
> irq's and memory areas for the modem and ethernet parts of the card.
> Windows can handle more than one device on the same irq but Linux can't.
> Keep in mind that Linux is seeing the card as two separate devices.

I bet that's exactly what it is. So, does anyone know enough about
cardmgr, cardconfig, etc. to tell me how to allocate different irqs for
the different sides of the card?

I believe it's already using different memory areas for different sides.

Also: someone mentioned the Linux Laptop mailing list the other day --
could you email me the signup address or website for that list? Might be
useful.

Thanks,
--Hugh