Jason S. on Fri, 16 Jul 1999 13:55:42 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] ICQ and gaming over Linux

On Fri, 16 Jul 1999, Paul B. Krause wrote:

>  try vmware.  It ain't $free, but it looks pretty solid, more so than wine.
> (It sure beats the hell out or booting into 'doze!)

How so? vmware is cool, but you're still running windows. Not only
that, but if you have windows installed already you cant use your
existing install (someone correct me if I'm wrong), but have to make
a second "virtual" install of windows for running under linux. That
and the performance hit is unacceptable (to me at least) for playing
games. It'd run better if you'd just boot directly into windows and
run the game.

I like vmware, but its not a windows replacement. It lets you run both
OS's at once, not replace windows.