Jason Costomiris on Sun, 18 Jul 1999 12:14:42 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] ICQ and gaming over Linux

On Fri, Jul 16, 1999 at 01:46:19PM -0400, Jason S. wrote:
: How so? vmware is cool, but you're still running windows. Not only
: that, but if you have windows installed already you cant use your
: existing install (someone correct me if I'm wrong), but have to make
: a second "virtual" install of windows for running under linux.

Um, no.  Run vmware-wizard -rawdisk, and it will permit you to use
a raw partition (ie already installed).

: I like vmware, but its not a windows replacement. It lets you run both
: OS's at once, not replace windows.

The only time I boot into Windoze anymore is to run Half-Life.  VMware is
perfectly acceptable for anything else I need Windoze for (SQL Server DBA
type things, Running Check Point admin tools, and other stuff).

--
                 Jason Costomiris <><
            Technologist, cryptogeek, human.