Scott R. Myers on Mon, 19 Jul 1999 08:22:57 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [Plug] Home Network and DSL

There are a few HOWTO's to read on this one depending on what you ulimately want to accomplish.  I'll be going through the same excercise over the next few weeks in preparation my DSL connection in September.

I would suggest going to Linux.org and looking under their support section.  The HowTo's and mini-HowTo's to look for are the following:

IP Masquerading
Firewalling or IPChains
Ethernet

Optional ones are:
DNS (To setup a caching DNS server)
Proxy (To setup a Web caching proxy)

I think that'll cover it.  The titles aren't exact to what you will find there but you'll figure it out.  If you need some direct help let me know so we can discuss the details of what you're trying to accomplish.

L8r.

srm