umweber on Mon, 19 Jul 1999 13:10:11 -0400 (EDT)

Re: Re: Re: [Plug] redhat, linksys, and suburban@home :-(

Welll....
1) Remove TV card, and put nic card in it's place.
2) Compiled in support for the nic card into the kernel, removed tv card
support (or just insmod a module instead of having to reboot)
3) Ran netconf, filled in all the values for everything I had on a piece
of paper from suburban (host name, host+domain, ip, netmask, network
device (eth0), domain, dns entries, search domain, and default gateway)
4) Let linuxconf do its thing to activate the changes, and boom.

That's pretty much it, I will attempt later to get the nic card and the tv
card to play nicely together. Although I could always go with an ISA nic
card... how much of a performance difference is that?

--
Michelle Weber
umweber@mcs.drexel.edu