Michael Whitman on Mon, 19 Jul 1999 14:49:18 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] uninstalling

I installed msql on my RH 5.2 box.  I followed these instructions...

              1.Unpack the source code.

              2. In the root directory of the distribution type "make
target". This will create a
              "symbolic link tree" for your platform under the targets/
directory. For example, on 			a BSD/OS machine you may end up with a
replica of the source code directory in
              targets/BSD_OS-2.1-i386/

              3.Change directory to the target directory for your machine.

 			4.Run the setup utility (Note: use ./setup to ensure you get the mSQL
setup 			utility and not a system utility).

              5.After setup has completed, you can edit a couple of
defaultconfiguration values 			in site.mm if you wish. When you are happy
type "make all"

              6.If the compilation of mSQL completes properly, type "make
install" This will 			install all
              the mSQL related files under /usr/local/Hughes (or whatever
directory you set as 			the
              install directory in site.mm) You may need root access to
perform this step.

Now I want to uninstall it.  How?  I looked for the add/remove icon but I
couldn't find it. (that was a little joke.)

In NT it is a bad idea to just erase files without running an uninstaller -
but in Linux maybe it is ok?

-Mike

Michael P. Whitman
Online Services Developer