Jason S. on Thu, 22 Jul 1999 14:59:45 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] US Robotics Modems etc, and a question..

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999 Vale_Kenny@vanguard.com wrote:

> Here's the question...not that I'd get one, but what is to prevent a modem maker
> from making a Lin-modem?  Is it the way in which Linux interracts with the
> serial ports?

Anything is possible. If they did make them, who would buy one? If
you're running linux you're savy enough to realize that its a bad idea
to do it that way. And I'm pretty sure hell would freeze over before
Linus would allow lin-modem drivers into the kernel source tree. I
guess the only thing stopping them from doing it is a lack of
market.