Morgan Wajda-Levie on Wed, 28 Jul 1999 17:02:44 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] low cost linux in schools (in southern CA)

On Wed, Jul 28, 1999 at 07:17:59AM -0700, Nick R wrote:
> I don't know about other places, but I was a part of trying to get Linux on
> computers at school and they are afraid of it. They let us do a dual boot on
> one machine that we had to take off of the network (they were afraid we'd
> hack the network of course not knowing anything about Linux, networks, or
> that they should've said crack). After a month or so they wipped the hard
> drive and put W98 on the machine. Oh well. Anybody know anything about Linux
> advocacy for schools?

A friend of mine managed to put Debian on one of the boxes at East
High School; he was a junior at the time.  It doesn't do anything
important, just a student used computer in the library, but students
do use it.  It's also a nice thing to hack on during a study hall, as
he has full access.

--
Morgan Wajda-Levie
http://www.worldaxes.com/wajdalev