Kevin Hill on Wed, 28 Jul 1999 17:06:32 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Switching displays?

I always used Ctrl-Alt F[1-6] for virtual terms.  But to switch to a
running X server, I just hit Alt-F7 (no Ctrl).

Hmm.  Just tried it - works either way.

- khill

Kyle Burton wrote:

> This happens to you using the CTRL+ALT+Fn[1-7] key combination?
>
> I've had this kind of thing happen when I try to give input via keyboard or
> mouse as the changeover is taking place.  But I haven't had it happen
> recently...

> "When one knows women one pities men, but when one studies men, one excuses
> women."
>     -- Horne Tooke
> mortis@voicenet.com                            http://www.voicenet.com/~mortis
>
> On Wed, 28 Jul 1999 tburba@GLCORPIS01.usvision.com wrote:
>

> > I've lost my mind... I can switch between character and x consoles (and
> > back) in SCO openserver. I can swear that I could do this also in Linux,
> > but when I do, the xserver process "crashes" out of gui mode. What am I
> > doing wrong? How can I get back into gui? TIA
> > Yours,
> > Tom

begin:vcard
n:Hill;Kevin
tel;fax:215.283.4942
tel;work:215.283.4877
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.quarterleaf.com/
org:The Sycamore Group;Enterprise Development Division
version:2.1
email;internet:khill@quarterleaf.com
title:Senior Application Architect
adr;quoted-printable:;;580 Virginia Drive=0D=0ASuite 100;Fort Washington;PA;19034;USA
x-mozilla-cpt:;-18560
fn:Kevin Hill
end:vcard