Master and Servant on Thu, 29 Jul 1999 13:52:39 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Small Linux distros

On Thu, 29 Jul 1999 umweber@mcs.drexel.edu wrote:
> running msdos 5 something, and windows 1.01, heheh.

Windows 1.01?! THAT must be a collectible!! A rarity!!

> Anyway.. here is my question... would any of the popular
> linux distributions fit on 80 megs? Or has anyone tried some smaller

Slackware... from www.slackware.com  -- I know there was a more
descriptive page somewhere that said "x space for x thing and y for y" at
least at certain points 25..80..300.. but I can't seem to find it right
now beyond the following from
http://www.slackware.com/install/sysreq.shtml

   System Requirements
Slackware Linux doesn't require an extremely powerful system to run
(though having one is quite nice :). It will run on systems as far back as
the 386. Below is a list of minimum system requirements needed to install
and run Slackware.

386SX processor
4 megabytes of RAM
20 megabytes of hard disk space
5.25" floppy drive1
Additional hardware may be needed if you want to run the X Window System
at a usable speed or if you want network capabilities.