Charles Stack on Mon, 2 Aug 1999 17:01:43 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] Init Scripts

I've been watching with fascination regarding the posts on the rc.d scripts
as I just figured out most of this this morning (except I had no clue what
the "K" prefix meant) as I made my firewall active.  Works great on a
dedicated connection.  Nice to learn something new each day.. :-)

However, I am still at a loss to figure out, when using a ppp connection, to
use a similar script.  I keep reading about ip-up and ip-down, but haven't
figured out exactly where to put my scripts to activate/deactive my
firewall.  Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Charles