Michael C. Toren on Mon, 2 Aug 1999 17:03:43 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] PCMCIA problem

> according to the comments within /etc/rc.d/init.d/pcmcia  usage is pcmcia
> {start|stop|restart}
> I would expect a message to be sent to /var/log/messages, but no such result.
> ->How can I tell if the restart is functioning?

You could peek through the shell script, and see what it's trying to do.

> I did a restart of /etc/rc.d/init.d/network, and got a result of
> Aug 2 16:11:53 frodo modprobe: can't locate module lo:[1-49]
> I realize that this indicates that it can't find the module for lo, but
> -> does this inherently mean that lo is not in the kernel, or could lo be called
> twice?
> In addition, I still do not know, does
> -> lo = loopback adapter or local host?

lo is the loopback network interface.  You can try doing either an
"ifconfig lo", or an "lsmod" to see if the module is already loaded
successfully...

-mct