Jason Costomiris on Tue, 3 Aug 1999 21:39:00 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Question of the Day:Redhat IPO

On Mon, Aug 02, 1999 at 11:04:20PM -0400, Master and Servant wrote:
:
: What do you think of the company in general?

They're doing very well.  They're running red ink, but that's normal
for a company in this industry.  This whole Internet IPO craze is all
about perceived value and/or potential for future revenues.

: What do you think of the company/IPO as an investment?

It's going to be a bumpy, but mostly upward ride.

: How do you think it will perform the first day, or longer..

My guess is the first day will peak around $90 and close at $50 - 60.

: Did you get 'the letter'?

Yes.

: Are you going to try to get in on the IPO if you got the letter?

Not eligible.  Well, I would be eligible if I lied and said I'm what
the SEC considers an "accredited investor" ($200k/yr income || $1M
liquid net worth).

: Are you going to try to purchase this on the open market?

Not a chance.  I'm going to try to make my $$ on my company's public
offering. :-)

--
                 Jason Costomiris <><
            Technologist, cryptogeek, human.