Nick R on Tue, 3 Aug 1999 23:21:55 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Question of the Day:Redhat IPO

:What do you think of the company/IPO as an investment?

At this point I would not invest in the company by the way of stocks, it
is a bad decision.  They are not turning profit.  But I would say in a
year or so, it would be wise.  As the major computer manufacturers are
supporting linux and are installing RH Linux on their computers and
selling it that way.  In time that may mean more money for RedHat and they
might actually turn a profit, a good one.

In computer and Internet companies there is little corolation between stock rising and falling and profit shown. Amazon is a great example of this. I think it's really insane, but it'll be good for those of us who buy RH stock.