Jason S. on Tue, 3 Aug 1999 13:23:16 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Question of the Day:Redhat IPO

Sorry. That wasnt supposed to come off hostile. I'm not good at
expressing myself sometimes. Redhat's success is built on being
open and supportive of linux. For them to change, would pretty
much be the end of redhat. The thing is, even if they wanted to,
and I'm pretty sure they dont, they cant close the door now. If
they tried, someone else would come along and pick up where they
left off.

Mandrake is a good example. Its pretty much RH with a few extras. I've
not heard so much as a grumble out of RH about it. No, I think RH,
Suse, and the other distro's will have a good amount of success.

Then again, what do I know? As for the IPO, I think its a good thing.
And I think its a good investment.

J.

When I grow up, I wanna be more like me.
I had a clue. I didn't like it. I took it back and exchanged it for an
attitude.