Vettese, Nick A on Wed, 4 Aug 1999 12:37:29 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [Plug] A few more developed questions....

Actually 7 months ago, I bought Red Hat 5.1, and figured it out with a few
books.  Two months after that I put it up as one of my desktops at work.
Although, not an easy OS to learn, take your time and do things in steps.  I
learned a lot from doing it this way, and I didn't fry myself.  A couple a
excellent books.
Running Linux - O'Reilley
Using Linux - Que
Red Hat Secrets - SAMS

Nicholas Vettese

-----Original Message-----
From: DrexelDG@aol.com [mailto:DrexelDG@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 1999 11:47 AM
To: plug@lists.nothinbut.net
Subject: [Plug] A few more developed questions....

Heya all,
    Let me first ask to sooth my nerves, did you all learn how to do this
stuff in a few months?  Or did it take a few years?  I hope it took a few
years cause in the few months I have being using Linux I feel like I have
taken more steps backward then forward.  :)  That being said I have a
question regarding installing and configuring stuff that you download from
the net.  I got them to unpack, or un archive.  The K desktop comes with a
God sent utility that does it for me.  And being the point and click person
that I am when they start getting into unpile this, untar that, ./configure
this, i get lost right away.  :)  So is there a man page for all this stuff
that is on the HD that I am not aware of?  I am using Caldera open linux 2.2

I think.  I have reviewed a number of times the READmes that come with the
stuff and I still cannot seem to get it to work.  I think thats it... sorry
for the ramblness of the run on paragraph.

Regards

Anthony