Aaron Brown on Fri, 6 Aug 1999 15:55:37 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] RH 6.0 Installs

In my experiance, what you select or deselect in the beginning will be
directly related to what you have in the customization list.  Well at
least that was with 5.2, I just hit custom now right off the bat and go
through each option, it takes a while, but it is worth it in the end to
not have things installed that you would never use, like I wouldnt use
fvwm on a K6-2 333 with 128 RAM, I would just use KDE and be happy with
it.  It leave more space, and also in some cases i will just not install
really all that much and recompile the RPM from the source RPM.

rpm --rebuild foo.i386.rpm

then you get an RPM that is better tuned to your system, it seems to work
beter for me.  Either that or get the source and compile it yourself, like
with apache, I would rather compile it myself then go with the default
RH installation.  I dont like how it puts things all over the place and is
very unorganized.

Rune