Kevin Hill on Sat, 7 Aug 1999 22:47:59 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] auto-logout?

Are you running tcsh?  If so, it's because someone set the "autologout"
shell variable to automatically log you out.  See "man tcsh" for
details.

- khill

umweber@mcs.drexel.edu wrote:

> This has been bothering me for awhile, and no one I know seems to know
> what it is, or what it's from, but all the time from work (behind a
> firewall) when I am sshed into my home machine, or a friend's machine,
> both using Redhat 6.0, after a certain amount of idle time, when I flip
> back to my ssh window, I've been logged out, and my prompt says
> auto-logout.  What exactly is this and how can I disable it?
>
> --
> Michelle Weber
> umweber@mcs.drexel.edu

begin:vcard
n:Hill;Kevin
tel;fax:215.283.4942
tel;work:215.283.4877
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.quarterleaf.com/
org:The Sycamore Group;Enterprise Development Division
version:2.1
email;internet:khill@quarterleaf.com
title:Senior Application Architect
adr;quoted-printable:;;580 Virginia Drive=0D=0ASuite 100;Fort Washington;PA;19034;USA
x-mozilla-cpt:;5792
fn:Kevin Hill
end:vcard