elek on Sun, 8 Aug 1999 19:36:28 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Linux@Work

On Sun, 8 Aug 1999, Master and Servant wrote:

> > So - if any of you would like to volunteer (15 or more hours per week) or
>
> Uhm, this is what I don't get.  If it is 15 hours or more per week,
> that is not volunteering, that is a job! ?

Well - I've volunteered with many organizations that require a specific
amount of time.  In this particular case - I'm not sure who decided that
15 hours was the minimum - but that is what they are asking for.

It's definitely not a "job" as in a paid position...but it is a job in
that it requires a serious effort.

The main staff does do this for a living.  However, most of the staff is
made up of volunteers like me.

-elek