John Nolan on Mon, 9 Aug 1999 22:39:08 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Mailing attachments from command line

> I still have yet to find a suitable solution to my dilema.  The 1 or 2
> programs people have mentioned here on the list failed to compile in the
> machine I ran it on.  Probbly has nothing to do with the program and

If you have Perl, and your willing to install some extra Perl
modules, then you can use the MIME::Tools modules.  The MIME::Tools
bundle actually includes an example script called "mimesend" which
does exactly what you're asking for.

You will need to install the MIME::Tools and MailTools bundles,
and maybe some others too.  These might already be on your system
(anyone know if these Perl modules come by default on Red Hat?)

> everything to do with the system (the admin is a slacker, and probably
> doesn't keep his libraries up-to-date).  Any other advice would be
> helpful.  Thanks :-)

The systems at Drexel might have these Perl modules installed.
If not, you can also install them into your home directory,
and use them from there.