John Nolan on Tue, 10 Aug 1999 15:30:40 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] Publicly accessible news server?

Anyone know of a good publicly-accessible news server?
I mean an actual Usenet news server, not a Web gateway.

The one at OpNet works fine, but it keeps messages
for so long and has so many groups on it that it tends to
overwhelm any clients I use.  And the one at work here
does not include some key groups, such as the forsale newsgroups.

Any info is much appreciated.  I doubt that there actually is
anything like this, but I thought I would ask anyway.