Graham, John on Wed, 11 Aug 1999 10:48:51 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] Signal 11 error

Some how after removing a pair of simms(old simms), I was able to
complete the installation.  I'm not completely convinced that, this was
the solution.  I'll probably do some more troubleshooting later on.

Thanx again guys

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Libby
To: plug@lists.nothinbut.net
Sent: 8/11/99 8:45 AM
Subject: Re: [Plug] Signal 11 error

Greetings,

I had this same problem with some older AMD and Cyrix chips. I found
that replacing the chip with a true intel chip fixed the problem.
In general, my problem only reared it's head when I was doing very
large compilations, kernel, gcc, etc, very frustrating.  In my case
I found the URL you sight to be very helpful, but the only thing
that helped was to replace the processor.

Andy