Master and Servant on Sat, 14 Aug 1999 11:36:29 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] MP3's

On Sat, 14 Aug 1999, Aaron Brown wrote:
> I have x11amp that came with my RH60 Dist.  the thing keeps giving
> segfault errors on me, does anyone know of a good stable X11 MP3 player

Uhm, I specificaly read somewhere last night that there is a problem with
x11amp and realplayer based upon them making assumptions I think it was in
the errata somewhere, but I cannot find it now.

here's the info for realplayer maybe the problem with x11amp is something
similar, I know the other site (??) where I read the data mentioned them
together:

RealPlayer
        The sound interface changed between Linux kernel 2.0.x (used
        in Red Hat Linux 4.0-5.2) and kernel 2.2.x (used in Red Hat
        Linux 6.0), disabling RealPlayer.  Real Networks is currently
        working on creating a new player; in the meantime, their website
        includes instructions on patching their older binary to work with
        the new kernel.

         RealPlayer is also known to have problems with glibc2.1;
         You may be able to run it using the "compat" packages with
         the command

         LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/i386-glibc20-linux/lib:/usr/lib/Real \
           /usr/i386-glibc20-linux/lib/ld-linux.so.2 /usr/bin/rvplayer