Kyle Burton on Tue, 17 Aug 1999 14:17:36 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Formatting ext2

if the boot record is screwified, don't forget the 'magic' switch for
fdisk (ms version):

  c:\fdisk /mbr

that re-creates the mbr...sometimes you need this so windows will play
with the drive (as long as you can re-run lilo [i.e. from a boot disk],
you shouldn't have trouble getting the box to dual/tripple boot again).
I've had to do this [sometimes] when installing windows onto a partition
that was previously either empty (no type flag, or no format), and/or
used to be something cooler (ext2).

"The more I want to get something done, the less I call it work."
    -- Richard Bach, "Illusions"