umweber on Tue, 17 Aug 1999 14:25:28 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Formatting ext2

speaking of the mbr, does anyone know why once in awhile, and this only
happens when the machine isn't properly shut down, that the mbr has been
magicially wiped of lilo, and I see that scary "Starting Windows 98..."
What could be doing this? I am only just  curious because and don't really
need to fix it because for one, my linux machine is rarely shut down -
usually only in cases of severe thunderstorms :) and also I am getting
ready to fdisk that partition anyway, I only kept it around so that
Suburban@home would play nice when they came to install the cable modem.

--
Michelle Weber
umweber@mcs.drexel.edu