Greg Lopp on Wed, 18 Aug 1999 15:30:19 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Trouble starting X remotely

> >>All I wanna do is telnet over, and see the output from a program that runs
> >>under X. Don't need my Windows 95 and X-Windows comingling. Do I really
> >>need all this to just view an X screen remotely?
> >
> >You need an X server to view the data.
>
> Don't I have one, running on my Linux machine already?

Yes.  But you are only using it when you sit at the Linux machine and run things
from there.  In fact, you are running an Xserver and an Xclient on that
machine.  To view the data from the Win95 machine, you use the Linux Xclient and
a Win95 Xserver.