Michael Leone on Wed, 18 Aug 1999 14:31:30 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [Plug] Trouble starting X remotely

At 02:07 PM 8/18/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I managed to get X running remotely on my RH 6 box using X-WinPro for
>Windows.  I used XDMCP to get everything started.

Don't know what XDMCP is.

>Anyway...for those of you with Windoze boxes and want to run X, grab a copy
>of X-WinPro.

>From where?

>It offers multiple window settings (Full Screen, multiple
>windows, multiple windows with remote windows manager, etc).  If you select
>the remote windows manager variant, your X windows co-mingle on your Windoze
>screen but assume the look and feel of your favorite windows manager.

All I wanna do is telnet over, and see the output from a program that runs
under X. Don't need my Windows 95 and X-Windows comingling. Do I really
need all this to just view an X screen remotely?