Nick R on Tue, 24 Aug 1999 01:38:56 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [Plug] DSL

We went over this before. Basically, you seem to either get great service, or get screwed up the goat's ass. Sometimes, either can happen w/ the same company. It all depends on how the service is in your area, whether it's new, whether it's actually there or they're just trying to get customers ahead of time, & whether you have incompetant boobs working in tech support.

From: "Michael Leone" <turgon@pil.net>
To: <plug@lists.nothinbut.net>
Subject: RE: [Plug] DSL
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 23:20:54 -0400

> What's the specific beef?  My experience has been fine with
> voicenet.  For years, really.  Am I missing something ?

Shitty news feeds. Non-responsive tech support, both via email and by phone. Unknowledgable techs, when they did try and help (I knew more than most of them). Many connection problems (disconnects, slow/dropped connections), especially in South Jersey (which is still happening, according to a friend from there who uses them). Denials of problems. This, extending over a period of a year or so (that I can recall from personal experience).

Me, I left 3 yrs ago (after having been a subscriber for 2+ years), after VN publically revoked a user's account who had been posting statistics (to VN's private news groups) to prove that there had been a news feed problem for months.