Bill on Sat, 28 Aug 1999 01:39:43 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [Plug] Voicenet [Was: DSL]

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Michael Leone wrote:

> > Its just my observation, but everyone who has been flaming
> > Voicenet seems to be complaining about something that happened 2, 3, even 4
> > years ago.
>
> 3 months ago, their tech support told my friend to re-format her hard drive, and re-install Win95 from scratch - to solve modem disconnects.
>
> So, no, I still think they know nothing.

Well, first of all in my opinion, Windows95/98 should be re-installed
from scratch ATLEAST every 6 months if you expect anything CLOSE to Blue
Screen free environment.  Secondly, um, we don't and CAN'T "tell" people
to re-install Windows, (c'mon now, we're not Microsoft...) or ANY
Operating System for that matter.  We make SUGGESTIONS.  It becomes pretty
frustrating when you're talking to someone on the phone and they've just
rebooted their computer for the 5th time because their mouse pointer
suddenly stops responding and their screen turns blue.  Do you think we're
hired because we have nice voices on the phone or something?

-Bill S.
admin@u4ea.org
http://www.u4ea.org