Nick R on Sat, 28 Aug 1999 06:27:21 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [Plug] Voicenet [Was: DSL]

Whatever you call it, you're telling the person to do something. It's BS to say that you're not. Basically, you're supposed to guide the people through setting stuff up and to tell somebody to reinstall their OS is irresponsible, especially since a lot of people will have no idea how much that's wasting their time.

From: Bill <pulse@u4ea.org>
To: plug@lists.nothinbut.net
Subject: RE: [Plug] Voicenet [Was: DSL]
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 01:39:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Michael Leone wrote:

> > Its just my observation, but everyone who has been flaming
> > Voicenet seems to be complaining about something that happened 2, 3, even 4
> > years ago.
>
> 3 months ago, their tech support told my friend to re-format her hard drive, and re-install Win95 from scratch - to solve modem disconnects.
>
> So, no, I still think they know nothing.

Well, first of all in my opinion, Windows95/98 should be re-installed from scratch ATLEAST every 6 months if you expect anything CLOSE to Blue Screen free environment. Secondly, um, we don't and CAN'T "tell" people to re-install Windows, (c'mon now, we're not Microsoft...) or ANY Operating System for that matter. We make SUGGESTIONS. It becomes pretty frustrating when you're talking to someone on the phone and they've just rebooted their computer for the 5th time because their mouse pointer suddenly stops responding and their screen turns blue. Do you think we're hired because we have nice voices on the phone or something?

-Bill S.
admin@u4ea.org
http://www.u4ea.org