Aaron Brown on Sat, 28 Aug 1999 10:14:30 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [Plug] Voicenet [Was: DSL]

Reinstalling windows is not a waist of time, in fact it is the best thiong
you could ever do for windows, a freshly installed version of windows
works better then if you are using it for a while.

I have also found that if you are having troubles connecting, no matter
what it is, reinstalling windows will fix 90% of the problems.  Such as if
you haver a win modem, you are now using less of your system resources and
your winmodem will have more of a chance of running more smoothly.
Reinstalling the network components in windows, fixes alot of things, but
if you keep getting the computer you are dialing is not answering no
matter what you configure play with and set to the way it is supposed to
be.  Well there is something worng with your system.  Just think about it
this way, if you have 40000 ppeople dialing up into Voicenet, and 50+ of
them are havinbg trouble and the rest isnt, who's fault do you think it
is? Voicenets?  Bzzzzt  WRONG!!  You have too many variables to even count
what could be wrong, Phone lines, Modem, OS, end user, to name a general
few.

My girlfriends mother was having a heck of a time connecting to voicenet,
I go over there and play with a few things, and still cant connect, I set
up my laptop, and dial in, it works over and over again.  Where is the
problem?  It was with windows. (go figure windows having problems).  Since
the system had a preinstalled version of Windows98 i decided to rerun the
setup to see if it helps, well it did, it fixed the problem.  Usually if
that doesnt, I would reinstall.  Why?  cause windows doesnt like having
anything other then MS products installed on it.  either people didnt
write their software correctly or it is MS trying to be the only one in
everything.  Who knows...

Next time take a look deeper then the surface, you will be surprised to
see what is there.

--
-Rune

Einsteins theory of Relativity mean that no matter what direction you go
in life you have a relative that has a theory...

In the Depths of the minds of the insane Fantasy and Reality are the
same...