umweber on Sun, 29 Aug 1999 23:59:14 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] LILO

My lilo works fine.. but it's a little weird, and I just wanna know what
is the best way to fix it.
What I had was RedHat 5.2 on /dev/hda along with windows.
Then I got a 3 gig drive, and made that the primary master, installed
RedHat 6.0 on it, and moved RedHat 5.2 and windows onto /dev/hdb
Unfortunately at one point in time I had to boot windows, so I had
switched the drives back. Since that would be a pain every time I needed
windows (even though that happens like once every 6 mos) I've since left
it that way.
/dev/hda1 has windows, /dev/hda6 has redhat 5.2, /dev/hdb1 has redhat 6,
and /dev/hdb5 is what I am using as /boot for both installations of
redhat, and all of the kernels i've compiled myself. The problem is that
in order to update lilo, i have edit the /mnt/hda6/etc/lilo.conf file, and
run /mnt/hda6/sbin/lilo, I want to use the lilo on /dev/hdb1, but every
time I try, it complains that my boot sector has a pre21 lilo signature...
so what should I do to fix this? Everything works fine as it is now, it's
just not nice.

--
Michelle Weber
umweber@mcs.drexel.edu