Nick R on Mon, 30 Aug 1999 06:17:58 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] User Dial-Up access use

I run Linux as root all the time (yeah, yeah, I know, but this is my first bo. I know it was a mistake, but I didn't know any better and now I'm all set up to use root all the time. No point in changing over now, as I'm going to do a new install once WD gives me back my HD in a day or so) and this doesn't agree too well w/ irc servers which try to protect me by banning me. When I do an su to another account to use irc or any other program, I can't access anything on the Internet. I didn't always have this problem. It started when I reinstalled RH on the computer over the current installation.

       -Laktar, a.k.a. Nick Rosen, laktar.dyndns.org

If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord:
97. My dungeon cells will not be furnished with objects that contain
reflective surfaces or anything that can be unravelled.
-- Peter's Evil Overlord List, http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html