Tim Peeler on Mon, 30 Aug 1999 00:23:18 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] boot problem: LIL- (SuSE; + NT; possibly from Anti-Virus)

On Mon, 30 Aug 1999, you wrote:
> In General, anytime that you're boot sector becomes corrupted in any way, LILO
> will
> fail to load,  there are howtos that explain what it means when you only get so
> much of LILO
>
> The best way to remedy this is to boot from your emergency disk (We all have
> one, right?)
> and rerun lilo to recreate it's presence in teh MBR.
>
> Later-
> Kurt Telep
> kt25@drexel.edu

Another cause may be that your kernel is above cyl 1024?  Have you setup
a small 20-30MB partition for /boot?

I haven't looked at the lilo documentation for a while now, but I'm pretty sure
that the 1024 limit is still in effect, having to do with bios limitations.

Tim

--
This  message was brought to  you by Linux, the free  unix.
Windows without the X is like making love without a partner.