Jason S. on Mon, 30 Aug 1999 09:15:53 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Good bye GIFs

If they waited this long, then they havent exactly been spending time
protecting their intellectual property. I doubt this will really stand
on its own if it were to go to court. There's too much of a precedent
set by people who've been using gif's on the www for YEARS and they
havent made a move. This sounds more like  a shakedown than a company
out to protect itself.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, I never even played one on TV. Dont take
my word as anything other than paranoid, sleep deprived ranting.

J.

When I grow up, I wanna be more like me.
I had a clue. I didn't like it. I took it back and exchanged it for an
attitude.