Martin DiViaio on Tue, 7 Sep 1999 15:58:59 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] (no subject)

tburba@GLCORPIS01.usvision.com wrote:

> Just installed RH6.0 on my 640x480 laptop. Netscape's Preferences "OK" and
> "cancel" buttons (in elightenment) don't appear (even when moving/resizing
> window). I can't pan the desktop like I can at my multi-resolution desktop
> machine. I've been told this is indigenous to installing at 640x480. Any
> suggestions/solutions? Thanks.
> Tom

At the risk of starting a serious war, I'm going to suggest switching to
the AfterStep wm. It handles this problem by letting the window size
itself to whatever it wants over the multiple desktops. (By the way, the
version on the RH6 disk is in serious need of an upgrade.)

This assumes that you want to drop E... :)