Daniel G Roberts on Tue, 7 Sep 1999 15:59:57 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] How to load linux on a laptop??

Hello all

I have never installed Linux on a laptop..and I am seeking some help here.

What I have so far is I have made a bootable disk use RAWRITE and then I can boot a linux kernel from this floppy.

From here I need to slid out my floppy disk drive and slide in my cdrom drive and throw in a RedHat 6.0 installation CD...but my problem is that I can't get the cdrom to mount.  How do I go abopt mounting a toshiba drive on an AST laptop after I have booted the laptop with a floppy drive which I  then have to disconnect from the machine in order to slide in the CDROM device.

Thanks for the help!!!

Dan