Joshua Mazess on Tue, 7 Sep 1999 23:49:02 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] How to load linux on a laptop??

Dan,
    Do you by any chance have the cable to connect your floppy drive
externally? I think there's a special port for the floppy drive on your
laptop (or maybe it uses the parallel port?) It would be better if you
could keep the CD-ROM online the whole time. It doesn't like to hot
swap. Maybe you can put a boot image on your hard drive somehow?
Actually, if you're installing RedHat, I think you can boot the
installation image from the CD-ROM with a special utility called
loadlin.exe (look for autoboot in /dosutils). The hard part is also
getting the PCMCIA support loaded. Oh well, someone else here probably
knows more about it than I do. --Josh