Graham, John on Thu, 9 Sep 1999 10:57:59 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [Plug] a question of terminology..

Sorry I know this is way left field, but what's up with the date?

-----Original Message-----
From: secher [mailto:vkenny@quarterleaf.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 09, 2000 10:46 AM
To: plug@lists.nothinbut.net
Subject: [Plug] a question of terminology..

Ok, if we can't get htis straight, we can't ask the media to do
otherwise.
Hacking == working at programming, with the implication that there is a
problem to be solved.
Cracking == working at breaking into a supposedly secure system or
software, with or without the use of programming tools.

Ok?  I'm neither one, not qualified to be, but I have been around long
enough to know the difference.

Just a gentle reminder,
Peace,
Vale