Ravenscroft, Philip on Fri, 17 Sep 1999 10:34:28 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] dual ethernet hassles

Hi.  I'm having a problem getting my rh5.2 system to recognize my second
ethernet card. I'm using a 486 with ISA slots (it will be a router/firewall
for my home lan).

 It recognized my Intel NIC  when I installed it and the eexpress works just
fine with eth0.  It is at IO 0x300 and IRQ 10.

I added a second NIC, a LinkSYS ne2000 clone and at boot, after eth0
initializes properly, all I get is "delaying eth1 initialization".  I have
the proper entries in /etc/conf.modules. There is no IRQ conflict; I
disabled PnP on the card and set fixed io of 0x340 and IRQ 5.

I know the card works because when i unplug the Intel card, it uses the
LinkSys card as eth0 with the ne2000 (ne) driver.  Any ideas?  I have looked
in a bunch of places and was hoping the collective wisdom of PLUG would do
the trick.

Philip M. Ravenscroft  |  System Administrator
philly.com Community Publishing
philip@phillynews.com  |  215-854-4604

"Finally, in conclusion, let me just say this." --Peter Sellers