Brent Stoltzfus on Mon, 20 Sep 1999 16:42:06 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] dual ethernet hassles

Hi,
I went through the same thing with RH 52.  I built a router with 3 NICs for
our company's router (two networks and a cable modem).

Following file is in /etc directory:
Use vi or an editor of choice to set up the following files - comments are
in parenthesis.

conf.modules

alias eth0 ne     (ne is for ne2000 and compatibles )
alias eth1 ne
alias eth2 ne     (continue for as many adapters as you have)

options eth0 -o ne-0 io=300 irq=10    (replace add and irqs with your
values)
options eth1 -o ne-1 io=320 irq=5
options eth2 -o ne-2 io=360 irq=12    (continue for as many adapters as you
have)

Brent Stoltzfus