Tracy Nelson on Mon, 20 Sep 1999 16:47:56 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] True Type Fonts

"Aarune J. Oracle" wrote:

> You want them?  Go get them
>
> http://www.linuxnewbie.org/nhf/intel/fonts/trutypef.html

Could anyone make this work?  I grabbed all the TT fonts off my NT box
and had all kinds of problems (path not found, couldn't open font
"default").  I finally whacked all the changes I'd made and finally got
X working again.  Is there maybe a limit to the number of fonts that can
be installed?  After mine were all expanded, I had >1200 lines in my
fonts.dir file.  I didn't see anything in the xfs docs, but since it
didn't work I was just wondering...  Shame, 'cause it sounded cool,
maybe I'll give it another go when I've got more time.