Jason S. on Mon, 20 Sep 1999 12:18:38 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] file permissions

Well, it works with some limitations. If you do that to a perl script,
it wont work. The interpereter wont be able to read it. Same goes for
shell scripts.

As for handling it, stuff like sendmail.cf could be restricted to
only the mail group. As long as you start apache as root, you could
change the conf file. It depends on what you're paranoid about.

J.

When I grow up, I wanna be more like me.
I had a clue. I didn't like it. I took it back and exchanged it for an
attitude.