Michael W. Ryan on Tue, 21 Sep 1999 15:09:10 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] MCP

On Mon, 20 Sep 1999, Hugh Brock wrote:

> I passed both of the VB6 tests (desktop applications, distributed
> applications) using the Microsoft Mastering Series CDs. They are $100
> apiece, which is annoying, but I actually found them to be better test
> preparation than the books I bought. The tests were fairly difficult,
> but not that difficult, since I passed them both on about two weeks of
> work with the respective CDs never having written a line of VB code <g>.
> At any rate, I assume there are Mastering Series CDs for the MCSE-track
> tests as well, and I recommend them, even though it means sending
> Microsoft an addition $100 of your money.

The Mastering Series CDs are the materials that are used in their MOC
courses for the various development languages.  I will point out, however,
that they're no longer available for sale (MS is reorganizing their
courseware lines to bring the development and systems courseware a bit mor
ein line with each other).  I do not believe, however, that there are
Mastering Series titles for the systems classes.

Another point is that the development tests are rather different in
approach from the systems tests.  The dev tests tend to require a rather
deep and very functional understanding of the language and tools in
question.

Michael W. Ryan, MCP, MCT     | OTAKON 1999
mryan@netaxs.com              | Convention of Otaku Generation
http://www.netaxs.com/~mryan/ | http://www.otakon.com/

PGP fingerprint: 7B E5 75 7F 24 EE 19 35  A5 DF C3 45 27 B5 DB DF
PGP public key available by fingering mryan@unix.netaxs.com (use -l opt)