Jason S. on Tue, 28 Sep 1999 12:38:48 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] certification

Since it seems to be a popular topic.....

My take is simple. Certification is useful to those without practical
real world experience. It makes it easier to get your foot in the door.
Once you've gotten in, you can start building your real life experience.

Employers view it as some kind of assurance that you know enough about
a given thing to be employable. After a certain point, the value of your
real life work experiences will outweigh a certification. That point
will vary, but eventually it will happen. At least thats how it seems
to me.

J.

I. I have to survive. Just to stay alive.