Jason S. on Tue, 28 Sep 1999 16:07:58 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Samba Problems

Are you specifying the right workgroup when you try to browse the
windows clients? Have you tried it without the -N? If the windows boxes
are in user level mode, and no guest account is enabled you may have
problems.

The Linux boxes not showing up in the network neighborhood is a known
problem with winnt post sp3 if your linux boxes use clear text passwords
for smb traffic. You can enable password encryption in the smb.conf.
Read ENCRYPTION.txt distributed with samba.

However, you should still be able to view/use shares without it enabled.
So thats only half your problem. Maybe.

Try browsing useing 'smbclient -L SERVER' Then see what happens. You may
need to use the -W and -l options.

Thats about all I can think of right now. The source comes with some
good docs, and an HTMLized faq. Its helped me a good deal.

J.

I. I have to survive. Just to stay alive.