Aarune J. Oracle on Tue, 28 Sep 1999 16:07:43 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] certification

I will have to agree with the following, I am not fond of MS software, but
it is everywhere, in my oppinion we should just try and find more ways of
making the 3 worlds exist together (Microsoft, Mac, and Linux/UNIX).  If a
Linux Machine can do all the buiesness stuff a MS box can, such as sync up
to an Exchange server and use that pretty shceduleing program that made
Outlook so popular for small buiesnesses, and that ease of the "Network
Neighborhood" it is too easy to drag and drop stuff to a remote computer.
Sure you can find other ways of doing all of this, but if you can get the
pencil pushers want to use a product, it will spread like wild fire.  Till
then it is just a strong and supirior OS that is not point and grunt
enough for most users.  But with the progress things are going, I give
Linux a year and it will be as userfriendly as MS and Mac, if not more.

--

 -Rune

:Can we stop the "let's make up another excuse to bash Microsoft" game?  I
:find it insulting on a professional level and also find it not very
:conducive to Linux's future.
:
:Michael W. Ryan, MCP, MCT     | OTAKON 1999
:mryan@netaxs.com              | Convention of Otaku Generation
:http://www.netaxs.com/~mryan/ | http://www.otakon.com/
:
:PGP fingerprint: 7B E5 75 7F 24 EE 19 35  A5 DF C3 45 27 B5 DB DF
:PGP public key available by fingering mryan@unix.netaxs.com (use -l opt)
:
:
:Plug maillist  -  Plug@lists.nothinbut.net