LeRoy D. Cressy on Thu, 7 Oct 1999 14:42:54 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] HP 5SiMX printer problem

Josh Mazess wrote:

> Um, treat it like a 4SiMX? I think the 5Si was still just a PCL5 printer
> so it shouldn't be that much different, although the formatter board was
> significantly changed. It's still a normal PCL and Adobe PS printer. Good
> luck.
Hi Chuck,

Is the path the same for the if in RedHat as in Debian?

lp|lp|Lexmark Optra E310 PCL:\
        :lp=/dev/lp0:sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp, e310:\
        :sh:pw#80:pl#66:px#1440:mx#0:\
        :if=/etc/magicfilter/ljet4m-filter:\
        :af=/var/log/lp-acct:lf=/var/log/lp-errs:

> On Fri, 1 Oct 1999, Chuck Peters wrote:
>

> > We have a HP 5SiMX Laser printer here at work and I am having some trouble
> > getting it working properly with Debian.  It seems that magicfilter does
> > not contain the current filter.  We have got it working on a RedHat 6.0
> > machine and I tried copying the printcap and filter from it and it still
> > isn't working properly.  Any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Chuck

          0 0      L & R Associates
           "       Home Page:    http://www.netaxs.com/~ldc/

LeRoy D. Cressy     	 /\_/\		mailto:ldc@netaxs.com
Computer Consulting 	( o.o )		Phone (215) 535-4037